Type: Main course
Total preparation time: 1,5 hours
For 6 persons
The kremzlycks is a full-fledged main course, which features meat and garnish. This dish is cooked and served in clay pots or deep ceramic bowls. In general, kremzlycks bear a strong resemblance to deruni but they boast Carpathian colour.
What You’ll Need
Potatoes 1 kg
Pork 700 g
Onions 4 pieces
Garlic 4 clove
Egg 1 pieces
Flour 50 g
Smetana (sour cream) 2 tbsp
Parsley 1 bunch
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It:
- Peel, rinse and finely grate the potatoes. Peel, core and mince the garlic and add to the potatoes.
- Peel and chop one onion. Add and stir the flour, sour cream, egg, chopped onion, salt pepper to potatoes.
- Shape potato cutlets, fry them from both side in vegetable oil until ready. Place on paper napkin to get rid of oil’s excesses.
- Slice the pork meat lengthwise to 1-2cm thick – two slices are enough for one portion. Slightly beat, rub with salt and pepper.
- Fry the pork slices from both sides until ready. Place on paper napkin to get rid of oil’s excesses.
- Slice and brown the onion in vegetable oil. Heat oven to 200C.
- Portion the dish into clay pots. First, place draniki, then 2 meat slices, sour cream and top with onion. Sprinkle with ground red pepper and set in oven for 20 mins.
- Rinse and chop the parsley, and then dress kremzlycks before serving.
- If the meat is dry, you can put the sour cream into pots before serving the dish.